Dakota County has just opened the portal for their next round of small business grants. The eligibility requirements, priority groups, and application portal can be accessed with this LINK. The application deadline is February 12th at 5:00 pm.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible:
- Have a physical location in Dakota County
- 75 or less full-time equivalent employees
- No current liens on record with the Minnesota Secretary of State at time of application
- Impacted, directly or indirectly, by an Executive Order related to the COVID-19 pandemic. This includes being closed by an order or evidence of being impacted by sales or revenue declines.
- In operation on or before November 1, 2020
- In good standing with Dakota County
- For-profit businesses and organizations are eligible for funding.
- Sole proprietors, home-based businesses, and franchisees are also eligible.
- Non-profits, such as arts organizations, museums, and fitness centers, that earn revenue similar to businesses (ie. ticket sales and membership fees) are eligible.
Given that there are several pieces to the Dakota County Grant, the River Heights Chamber of Commerce is hosting a 30-minutes Webinar, where County Commissioner Holberg and Lisa Alfson from the Dakota County CDA will break down the grant application. It is Monday, January 25th from 2-2:30pm (see graphic attached). You can register for that free webinar HERE. The webinar will include a Q & A session