Trail Walk Treasure Hunt Rules
The South St. Paul Parks & Recreation Department would like to invite you to take part in our Trail Walk Treasure Hunt this summer. South St. Paul has 15 public parks covering more than 240 acres. With this event we will join forces with local businesses to be part of a Medallion Hunt in our parks system. Visit our website or Facebook page for weekly clues that highlight a local park and sponsor. Then search for a hidden medallion, take a photo of where you found the medallion and return the medallion to SSP City Hall (125 3rd Ave. N.) to receive a treasure from a highlighted business of the week. The first clue will be released on Wednesday, June 8th.
- Treasure Hunt clues are published on the South St. Paul Parks and Recreation on Southstpaul.org & @SSP.ParksandRec (Facebook)
- 1st clues of the series will be released Wednesdays
- A new clue will appear daily at noon, Wednesday-Sunday, or until the medallion is found
- The medallion will not be hidden on any school property, Northview Pool or Lorraine Pool, under any skating surface, on a baseball/softball field, under any ground, any gated area, or at any construction site.
- No digging or climbing will be necessary. The use of shovels or other digging tools is not permitted. Do not alter city property at any time.
- South St. Paul Parks close promptly at 10:00PM. You may hunt 8:00am-10:00pm
- If you trespass outside of the 8:00am-10:00pm park hours, you will be disqualified from the remaining hunts.
- If you find the Trail Walk Treasure Hunt medallion, PROMPTLY call the number on the medallion or message FB for further instructions on how to claim the prize.
- South St. Paul Parks and Recreation reserves the right to discontinue the hunt at any time if public property is destroyed.
- No purchase necessary to win
Trail Walk Treasure Hunt Clue Release Dates
1st Hunt - June 8, 9, 10 ,11, 12
2nd Hunt - June 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
3rd Hunt – July 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
4th Hunt – July 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
5th Hunt – July 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
6th Hunt – July 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
7th Hunt – August 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
8th Hunt - August 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
General Conditions: Individuals under 18 must have a parent or legal guardian’s permission to participate in the hunt. Non-compliance may result in disqualification. All participants agree that South St. Paul Parks and Recreation, Sponsor(s) and their respective affiliate companies, parents, subsidiaries, advertising representatives, and agent/consultants will have NO liability whatsoever and will be held harmless by participants for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prizes or participation in this contest. Except where legally prohibited, by accepting the award, the winner grants permission for the South St. Paul Parks and Recreation, its partners, and those acting under its authority to use their name, photograph, voice, and likeness for advertising and publicity without compensation.
No purchase is necessary to win.
All HUNTING WILL DONE BE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Please abide by all the laws and requests of police officers or local officials.